We booked a room at this boutique hotel for 3D2N in an Executive Deluxe room that has a SuperSized King Bed through Agoda.Com . I did not want Mr Husband to book our hotel because his taste can be horrible.I paid a total of RM 538.63 including breakfast for our stay.
It was actually a choice between Ritz Garden Hotel and Bedrock. I was hesitant at first as I could not find legit reviews written by Muslim travellers regarding the place. Thankfully enough, Bedrock Hotel appeared on the Have Halal Will Travel (HHWT) website which means InsyaAllah the place will be clean and the food served is Halal. So, I guess I could say HHWT website gave me that vote of confidence to choose this hotel over The Ritz Garden. And I think I made a good choice.
The hotel was very easy to find as we navigate our way with WAZE. It also has a very interesting design and I couldn’t help chuckling as I enter its main door as an inside joke come in mind. It was very Dynasty-ish. Macam nak pergi jumpa Emperor kat dalam hotel. If my siblings were here with our mom – we’d probably be acting out the ‘wansui wansui wanwansui‘ part. (that was the inside joke thingy).
My expectations of a good stay were not only met but Bedrock Hotel provided more with a big big WOW
- We had complimentary snacks upon arrival – mini popcorn with a can of coke and two cartons of Iced Lemon Tea drinks! I guess it would depend on what they have to give at the time. And there was a mini orientation of how things work in the room such as the Coway and the Nespresso machine by the employees. Which was fantastic.
- A very spa-like bath tub experience as Epsom Salt was also provided for an exfoliating soak and what not. That was like wahhhh.. I want to rendam inside the tub until I become kismis. Not only that, I was also impressed with the bath gel they gave. They actually make good bubbles that stay on the surface of the water. You know how in movies the bubbles cover your chest and all? Yup, these bubbles did just that.
- An exquisite display of stones! Who knew they could look so pretty and interesting!
- A very muslim friendly room as it showed the direction of the kiblat.
- The American breakfast was surprisingly delicious. macam dimasak dgn penuh kasih sayang.
As a mom, I loved how I don’t have to repeatedly boil water to prepare my kids drinks and milk. I felt very hydrated drinking as many glasses of water that I want to without having to ration my drinking water like in most hotels. Or having to buy extra drinking water outside.
I still cannot get over my relaxing bath tub time at night when Mr Husband and the kids are asleep. I’d just put on the Goblin OST on my Spotify and immerse myself in the calmness of the situation. Gitew. Very ratu-like. It won’t be long before I re-enact a similar experience at home – but of course I need to find the Epsom salt first and not use garam bukit ke apa rite..
It was a pleasant stay especially after tiring days at Tambun Park and Cameron Highlands. If only they have in-house reflexology services. Ha ha ha.
2 thoughts on “Review : Bedrock Hotel, Ipoh”
Hi There, thank you very much for your review of Bedrock Hotel. We truly appreciate your kind words and are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. Can we share your review on our Facebook page?
Hi Debbie. Of course you can. We really enjoyed your hospitality 🤗