Alhamdulilah for being able to meet Ramadhan again next year. As usual, I am making plans to ensure that I have a productive Ramadhan for myself and my family. Some of my plans include;
- Making meal plans – most of the days, Sahur will be just me and my son whilst Iftar will be us 3, including my daughter. My husband is working in Johor at the moment. My MIL lives 5 mins away so we could easily have our Iftar with them too. As for meals, I have stocked up on my fresh produce in the freezer, my instant cooking paste and canned food. I am not thinking of cooking complicated dishes, just simple ones to whet the appetite and fill in the empty stomach. I still want my kids to know the feeling of those without food and prevent food wastage.
- Terawikh – this year it is at home again. I think it has always been at home for me ever since I gave birth to my first born. Perhaps I’d only get the chance to visit the musolla when the kids have grown up. Yet, I enjoy the terawikh at home because it is comfortable and I could perform the prayer in my own pace.
- Khatam Quran – the momentum tends to get disrupted once I get my period. I will try harder this year .. ha ha
- Read more – I am still on my ‘revelation’ book since many Ramadhan ago. It is a very thick book and is quite a challenge to read but I hope to make some progress until I am 40.
- Giving gifts – I used to send parcel kasih sayang to my friends. It seems that the practice has dwindled down due to time restrictions of going to the post office and sending them. Perhaps I can order through Shopee and send them to their home addresses instead. Come to think of it, that does seem to be a good idea.
Getting a Ramadhan ready house means not only getting the house cleaned up but setting it up so it would be ibadat friendly. Declutter the living room and activity room, kondo-ing old clothes, recycling boxes or plastic bottles, setting up a prayer area, getting out the nice cutleries for Ramadhan etc. I am so glad I bought the S6 Roborock. It helped me a lot with the maintenance cleaning. I still need to clean the windows myself. Maybe I’ll do the heavier part of cleaning during my period. LOls.
Apart from that, I am also organizing an Iftar buffet with my work colleagues. This year we are settling on Chatterz Cafe at Hatten Hotel. It costs about RM78 per adult pax and half for children aged 5 and above. We wanted to include friends in other department but no one responded. I am actually not a fan for all this gathering but I thought I’ll make an exception for this one.