I hit my target of reading more books this year. I wanted to read more than eight. Much of it is bought from Google Playbooks and of course Shopee. Indonesia apparently has several toko buku that sells reprinted books at a lower price. I’d usually go to them for titles that are difficult to find at a proper bookstore unless I go to Kinokuniya or something. Indonesia is like Litte China. Semuanya ada if you look hard enough. Some of the books I read this year and have completed are;
- Atomic Habits – it is very clear why it is a best seller. You find it and buy it.
- Why we eat (too much) – it makes you understand why you get fat and remain fat and why it is so hard to slim down. But having read this, it empowers you to manipulate your body’s metabolism with the knowledge of it
- Almond by Won Pyun Sohn – this is translated from the Korean language. A book recommended by Kim Namjoon.
- HOw the paper fish learned to swim – tak payah baca. bosan. pelik.
- Unfollow the flow by Aiman Azlan
- Penat by Dr Alizi Alias
Books I am currently reading
- Range – I initially bought an audio version because I thought I might listen to it during my work commute. But the voice is so boring. I might as well read it out loud and hear my own voice. So I restarted my read and is halfway through
- The cat who saved books – started this on a bus, ongoing read
- Perempuan perempuan berbudi dalam Al-Quran – let’s see if this is as what I expect the book will be
- Creativity.Inc – cause it’s got to do with Pixar
- Elon Musk – trying to understand how he can become a man s0 powerful yet socially awkward
Books I plan to read
- Liar yang murung – birsilah bakar
- Ma OOn – Hasrizal abdul jamil
- How I learned to understand the world – Hans Rosling